Soul Feud

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Soul Feud

Roleplaying!

2 posters

I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

malice
    malice

I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all Empty I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 am

Sharpe sat at a small back corner table on the 2nd floor of the Mason Library. It wasn't a large library if one were to look at it from the outside but inside proved to be much larger, made so in party by the Cohen Holocaust Studies Center. Sharpe leaned back in his chair and waited for his students to arrive.

Kelly walked down the stone walks of Keene State. The courtyards and walk-ways that were usually packed with people were quite empty and she enjoyed the solitude in the darkness. She loved the dark and were it not for Christine, Kelly would live in her dorm room on candles alone. It was all part of her dark nature.
    Kelly walked into the library to be greated by a perky middle aged woman standing behind a tall desk. Kelly simply raised an eyebrow at her, as if to suggest that the woman should never have spoken to her at all. The library was practically empty. Despite it's late hours, most people didn't use the library until later in the semester when tests and papers plauged their partied existance.
    Kelly climbed the stairs and started walking around upstairs until she found Sharpe, tucked away at a small table in the history section reading a book on Queen Victoria.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all Empty Re: I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:11 am

Christine entered the library. It was quiet and empty as she made her way through to find Sharpe. She arrived to find Kelly already sitting with Sharpe. She made her way to the table, watching Sharpe as he continued to read on. She could feel waves of curiosity off Kelly but ignored her. She smiled softly as she watched the man before her. He seemed sad still, yet with an undertone of happiness.

Sara wandered around the corner to find the group sitting at a table. She remembered her vision as she looked at the scene before, they would be here again. Hopefully, it would be the happy scene she had seen. She pulled out a seat and propped herself in it. "So?" Sara asked not really looking for an answer as much as to break the silence.
    malice
    malice

I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all Empty Re: I want to go back to.. believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:18 am

"So..." Sharpe said, "I talked to an old friend and got some interesting information, but first it's time for a bit of a history lesson." Sharpe dropped the book, and spun it so it was right side up for them, "Recognize her?" He indicated a picture of Queen Victoria in her younger years.

Kelly studied the portrait, "Nope. No idea. Some rich British person?" Kelly had never been a steller history student, and would hardly recognize a picture of George Washington, nevermind the reveared British Monarch.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:48 am

"Queen Victoria." Sara said bluntly annoyed by Kelly's ignorance. "Anyone who pays attention in high school History knows who she is. What about her?"

Christine sat quietly. She could feel Sara's annoyance but she could have known from her tone even if she didn't have her gift.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 pm

"Indeed it is." Sharpe replied, "Did you know that for the first half of her rein she was gifted with the soul of an Angel?" Sharpe paused, "That's why if one were to study her biography closely, you'd notice that she went off the deep end after her husband Albert died."

"And you've done all the research?" Kelly asked, curious to see what he'd say in responce though she had a pretty good idea already.

"No, lass. I was there." Sharpe said, "I knew her."
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:18 pm

"So, your gonna tell us the truth?" Sara asked. "I'm mean with the details of things from your world."

"Is there some reason that we need to know the truth?" Christine asked. She was curious why he was exposing them to a world that had clearly been hidden from them. "Should it stay a secret to the human world the way that it was planned?"
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:26 pm

"Because, my dear," He said it without even thinking about it as he caught Christine's blue eyes, and instantly got lost in them, "Because you are all about to be pulled into it whether you like it or not, and I would rather you be prepared for it."

"Wait wait wait?!" Kelly said, "You mean there's more? What the hell is this?!" She was amazed, astonished, excited. It was everything she'd ever dreamed of, everything she'd ever wanted, coming true right before her eyes.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:33 pm

"Why?" Sara asked. She was so confused now.

"I think she means, what do we need to prepare for?" Christine restated Sara's question. She smiled softly as Sharpe locked eyes with her. She looked down as her nerves tingled from his gaze.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Sharpe broke his gaze, "Because if I don't prepare you for this," His voice starting to become irritated by Sara's constant badgering, "A rather nasty character named Illyria will snatch up the three of you and bring about the appocalypse, sound fun to you?"
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 pm

"Oh!" Sara exclaimed. "Ok, teach me!"

Christine could sense the annoyance that Sharpe felt. She didn't want to ask anymore questions, but there were so many that need to be asked. "How are we gonna work this around our schedules? I'm we all have different classes. Plus we don't want Sara's roommate to get suspicious of her if we do nights."
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:54 pm

"Simple." Kelly interjected, "Study session. Just say that the teacher's offering a study session for help. Trust me I suck at history enough that it would work."

"That's actually where I was going." Sharpe said, "It seems the easiest way to cover it. We won't meet every night either, once or twice a week. Does that work for everyone?"
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Sara nodded half hearted. Now she had even less time to practice her ballroom. "I should be able to work it around my dance practices."

"I can do it fine." Christine said. She too would have to change when she practiced, but she was willing to.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:05 pm

"Good." Sharpe said, "Now for your first lesson." He looked past them to the librarian filing books, "See her?"

Kelly nodded, "What about her?"

"Obviously you don't." Sharpe replied, "There's something special about her. Something you should notice. Trust your insticnts. DOn't dismiss anything."
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Christine looked closely at the woman. She had no idea what she was looking for. She tried to move her head at different angles. "Sorry. I have nothing." She knew she wasn't gonna see it on the first try.

Sara closed her eyes. She breathed in like she would if she were going to meditate or Tai Chi. She opened her eyes she knew he wanted her to see something beyond what a normal human could see. The most she got was a glow off the woman. "I can see a glow, Nut im guessing that's not all you want." She knew she was getting more than the others because of her gift to see. She closed her eyes again to retry.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 pm

"That's not all, but you're on the right path." Sharpe said, "Think harder. Don't dismiss anything as your mind making up things." Sharpe looked at Christine, hoping she could recognize one of her own.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Sara reopened her eyes. She cleared her mind of any thoughts. She could see wings, beautiful glowing white wings. "But she's..." She stopped in amazement.

Christine looked at Sharpe. Then back at the woman. She immediately noticed the glow, and the spreading wings. "She's beautiful." She said softly her voice full of awe and wonderment.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:51 pm

"Dude!" Kelly said, finally seeing it, "Dude, no fucking way!" She said it a bit louder than she wanted to, her smile growing a bit.

"Yes she is." Sharpe said softly, talking about Christine rather than the librarian, "You have to start forgetting the normal world you knew and start excepting what you assume is fantasy." Sharpe resumed his lesson, "There has been a cold war raging for milenia's over the souls of Man. Do any of you know about the Fall? Lucifer's assault on Heaven?"

"Yeah!" Kelly said, "Yeah, Lucifer rebelled against God, but lost and God pitched him down and his impact formed the 9 levels of Hell."

"Someone's done their homework." Sharpe said, impressed.

"Tenth grade lit class guys, come on you didn't know that?" Kelly asked, surprised she was the only one who knew it.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 pm

"I wasn't brought up with Christianity and such. My father is Korean." Sara said. "But I did read Dante's Inferno, is any of that true?"

"I learned some of it. Except..." Christine said. She was remembering the details. "I know it, somehow."
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:06 pm

"Actually most of it is." Sharpe replied, "There are 9 levels of Hell, the sign says exactly what Dante said it did and there is a mountain of Purgatory on the other side of the earth from hell." He looked at Christine, "There's a reason you know so much." His voice was gentle, caring.

"Ok, so the fall, Lucifer gets pitched down to hell," Kelly said, "What next?!"

"After that heaven and Hell started a stand off on Earth. Agents of both sides began to try and control the wild-card.. humanity." Sharpe said, "So far so good. But with you three they could tip the balance."
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:11 pm

"So, what was he to know all that?" Sara asked.

Christine was confused. He said there was a reason she knew these things. But she didn't understand how that could be possible.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:21 pm

"Actually Lucifer's not who we have to worry about." Sharpe said, "It's his daughter, Illyria. She's a nasty whore. I've run into her once or twice." Sharpe looked at Christine, "What's wrong?"
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:27 pm

"So said I know these things for a reason. Why?" Christine asked. She knew it was a silly question but she needed to know.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Sharpe sighed and leaned back in his chair, "Because my dear, you lived through them all." He stopped and waited for her to respond.

Kelly sat awestruck. Did he just say what she thought he said.
    Illyria
    Illyria
    Admin

Post  Illyria Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:34 pm

"But I'm only a college student." She didn't doubt what Sharpe had said, she was just very confused and shocked.
    malice
    malice

Post  malice Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

"In this life." Sharpe said trying to jog her memory, "But you had a life before this one." Sharpe leaned around the corner and grabbed a book. He flipped it open to a page describing the "Great Paris Opera House Fire in 1877, "That's what Sara saw in her vision."

"But this talks about over five hundred people being locked in the opera house and it burning." Kelly said, "Not people getting bled to death."

"That's because no one survived to tell that part." Sharpe said very matter of factly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:54 am